Naturally Sweet Banana Almond Quinoa Muffins
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
2 tsp. baking powder (non-aluminum)
1 tsp. baking soda (aluminum free)
1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
1 Tbsp. wheat germ
1/2 tsp. unrefined Celtic sea salt
2 Tbsp. raw honey or agave
1 cup mashed bananas (2 regular size bananas)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add almond flour, quinoa flakes, baking powder, baking soda, flaxseed meal, wheat germ, and sea salt and mix by hand.
3. Slowly add banana and honey or agave to the dry mixture and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Pour whisked eggs into the dry mixture and mix well. The batter should have a smooth consistency. If it’s too dry, add more mashed bananas, if it’s too runny, add more quinoa flakes.
5. Pour mixture into lined muffin tins. Fill each only half full.
6. Bake approximately 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container up to one week.
*for decoration we cut banana coins and dropped them on top of the batter before they went into the oven